Friday, March 11, 2011

Be Quiet

I find it fitting that this morning will be my first ever blog post, and plus it has been a few days since we have posted anything. When we had the idea of starting a blog, I was not sure on the content or formatting of a blog. As Ashley mentioned, I am a one blog follower (http://www.bowensheart.com/) - which I would strongly suggest reading from time to time. It is an amazing story of a baby boy who was born with a heart defect and was said he would probably not live. I find it amazing how strong this family is and how great he is doing now.

This morning a massive earthquake and tsunami hit Japan, one of the biggest in 111 years and made it's way over to the West Coast. In major natural disasters like this you see families ripped apart and lives changed forever. The first question when things like this happen in this world is "why?". When going back and forth on what I wanted to write about one of my favorite songs came on - From the Inside Out from Hillsong United. I was taken by the lyrics of the song and felt compelled to open up God's word and came across this scripture:

     "The LORD your God in your midst,
      The Mighty One, will save;
      He will rejoice over you with gladness,
      He will quiet you with His love,
      He will rejoice over you with singing.”
                               - Zephaniah 3:17

So often when disaster or problems come up we're quick to get angry, ask questions, blame, and shut down or turn away from what we know is truth. It is mornings like this and times of struggle and depression where we should sit back and be quiet and reflect on the truth. What we know, God knows and what we don't know, God knows.

This morning lives have been forever changed, however, I will be quiet with His love.

One a lighter note, if you're wondering. I was very distraught over the ousting of Chuck Greenberg from the position of Rangers CEO/Managing Partner.

BLH

No comments:

Post a Comment